Manger Hay Pillow® Horse Trailer Hay Bag
Allow your horse easy access to "graze" during travel - while alleviating hay waste - with the Manger Hay Pillow®. Keeps hay off the floor and out of your horse's eyes. Fits both slant and straight load mangers. Available in 2 mesh sizes! Prices vary according to mesh size. Manger Hay Pillow® adjustable straps are available and sold separately.
Horse Trailer Hay Bag - Rectangular Feeder for Trailer Mangers
Designed to contain hay in a horse trailer manger - and keep it off the floor and out of your horse's eyes. Easy to load and secure. Five tabs are included on the bag to easily secure it in place. See our Manger Hay Pillow® Adjustable Straps (sold separately).
Great for slant and straight load mangers!The Manger Hay Pillow® conforms to a myriad of horse trailer manger dimensions and shapes. Our Hanging Hay Pillow is a great choice when your horse is tied outside to the trailer or high-line.
Choose from 2 Mesh Sizes
Transport can be stressful for horses. Please choose a mesh size you are confident your horse will be able to easily extract hay from. Frustration increases stress levels.
Questions? Contact an expert by email or call 888-489-0022.
No Metal Hardware to Damage Your Manger
Rugged & Designed to Last - Constructed with Made in the USA Materials
- 500 denier nylon CORDURA®
- YKK® zipper
- Heavy weight webbing - netting
How to Secure Your Trailer Manger Hay Pillow to Keep It in Place
If not secured properly in:
- Slant loads - It can slide out and over the front edge of the manger.
- Straight loads - It can potentially be flipped over so that the solid back faces up.
Our made in the USA straps (sold separately) contain no metal hardware to scratch your trailer and were designed with safety in mind. The straps thread easily through the tabs of your Manger Hay Pillow.
- To help keep your horse hydrated during transport, drench your hay with water, let it drain and use the 4" X 6" mesh size. Wet hay may be too challenging to extract from the 1 3/4" mesh size.
- Take water from home and offer along the way (horses that are reluctant to drink water may be even more reluctant to do so if the water tastes different). If you can’t take water with you, start adding something to flavor the water at home in a separate bucket (to experiment with their preferred flavor) such as powdered Kool Aid® or Gatorade®. Once you discover their favorite flavor, take it with you for travel to mask the taste of unfamiliar water sources.
Manger Hay Pillow Dimensions
- Overall Dimensions: 36" L x 23" W
- Mesh Sizes: 4" x 6" or 1 3/4" x 1 3/4"
- Webbing Area Dimensions 4 X 6 : 30" L x 13" W
- Netting Area Dimensions 1 3/4": 33" L x 19" W
- 5 Attachment Loop Tabs: 1 1/2” L x 1” W
Manger Hay Pillow Testimonials
"Manger Hay Pillow is a great bag for hauling. My horses were so frustrated, the hay always ended up on the horse trailer floor and they couldn’t eat it! Easy to load and strap into the mangers. They are happy campers and love their Hay Pillows. Thank you for designing a bag to accommodate such a unique application." ~Theresa
"Beau will get a lot of use out of our Manger Hay Pillow! It fits perfectly in my Featherlite straight load horse trailer." ~ Robin
"As an endurance rider, getting my horses to eat as much hay as possible is a top priority, and I typically travel several hours to get to events. Previously, I would place hay in the mangers of my slant-load trailer and would be exasperated when I arrived: the majority of the hay was always on the floor. My horses were frustrated because they were hungry and couldn’t get to the hay even though they could see it.
Since I started using the Manger Hay Pillow, I have found that my horses will typically eat about 1-3 pounds of hay when traveling a few hours. Almost no hay is on the floor, and the uneaten hay is compactly restrained in the pillow. Further, I don’t worry about hay getting in their eyes because the hay stays in the hay pillow. My younger mare in particular is a chow hound, and she arrives much more relaxed because she’s been eating. She’s also the one that finds a way to destroy the indestructible, and my Manger Hay Pillows are completely intact after several months.
I also like to use the hay pillow as a hay bag. With a bucket strap, it connects to the outside trailer hook very quickly so that my 16+ hand mares have plenty to eat.
I’ve been using the Manger Hay Pillow for a few months now and consider it to be a staple item. This is a much-needed accessory for anyone that transports horses in a slant-load trailer with mangers." ~Jo
"We have this Manger Hay pillow in the 4x6 opening and love them!! We are full timers traveling with our 2 horses...no brick and stick house! Our Hay Bags have been used for almost 4 years and are still holding up well! ~ Lee Ann
Read More Reviews
Need Help Choosing?
Find recommended hay bags to take along while you are on the road! See how versatile Hay Pillows® are.
Get tips & guidelines. Learn how to choose the best mesh size based on your horse's personality & experience.
Find recommended slow feed solutions by enclosure type & weather condition. Compare slow feeder products.