Aging Horse: Help Your Horse Grow Old with Dignity and in Health, Second edition by
Dr. Juliet M. Getty, Ph.D.
The aged horse has so much to offer: wisdom, experience, and confidence, to name a few attributes. Helping him grow old in good health and with dignity is a gift every horse owner hopes to be able to bestow. In this expanded version, Dr. Getty covers all the elements you need to know about feeding your horse to foster his longevity and prolong his usefulness.
- Digestion inefficiency with age
- Changes in hindgut bacterial population
- Body composition
- Helping the underweight horse
- The obese horse
- Slowing the progression of arthritis
- Reduced liver and kidney function
- Respiratory and immune-related functions
- Guidelines, with specific supplement and nutrient suggestions