6 Reasons to Feed in a Natural Grazing Position:
1) Less Strain on the Skeletal System & Soft Tissue
Less strain on the skeletal system and soft tissue because a horse is designed to eat with the head down.
2) Natural Wear of Teeth & More
3) Better Respiratory Health
4) Relaxed Mental & Emotional State
5) Keeps Hay & Dust Out of Eyes
6) Unobstructed Peripheral Vision
*Note: Shod livestock should not use any netting device on the ground. Due to the dangers involved in using any mesh material that can potentially get caught on a horseshoe, it is not safe or recommended. We do not recommend the use of netting devices with horned animals or horses with blankets or halters that can potentially become snared in netting.
More Helpful Slow Feed Resources
- Study - How Hay Feeder Height Affects Jaw, Neck & Back Posture in Horses
- Free Choice Forage Action Plan
- 6 Great Reasons to Feed Your Horse from Ground Level
- 9 Benefits of Slow Feeding Horses
- 7 Slow Feed Dos and Don'ts for Horses
- 7 Easy Ways to Help Prevent Colic
- Never Exercise Horses on an Empty Stomach...Ever!
- Why Most Horse Prefer to Eat Outside