Slow Feed Tip - Feed Grass Hays & Alfalfa Separately
If your companions do not have forage available 24/7, try a mature warm season grass hay if available or mature cool season grass in an effective slow feeder such as a bale net or multiple slow feed hay bags as an always have hay source.
Helpful How-to Resources for Slow Feeding
- Sand Colic - The Surprising (Simple) Cure & Prevention
- Can Horses Eat More Hay Without Weight Gain? The Surprising Factors
- How to Introduce & Incorporate Free-Choice Forage: A Detailed Action Plan
- Slow Feed Solutions for Any Environment
- 6 Great Reasons to Feed Your Horse from Ground Level
- 9 Benefits of Slow Feeding Horses
- 7 Slow Feed Dos and Dont's for Horses
- 7 Easy Ways to Help Prevent Colic
- Never Exercise Horses on an Empty Stomach...Ever!
- Why Most Horse Prefer to Eat Outside